Connecting innovation and education to dramatically transform the way students learn, LEAP Innovations® leads the nation in developing and scaling personalized learning practices, technology and innovations in classrooms throughout the US. Located at 1871, Chicago’s premier incubator for technology and entrepreneurship, LEAP is quickly positioning Chicago as the national hub for education innovation. LEAP has also launched the country's first personalized learning framework and survey tools to measure practice in and beyond the classroom. Sponsored by major foundations and donors, LEAP currently works with over 80 schools across the Chicagoland area, improving the lives of thousands of students. LEAP also leads the Learning Assembly, a national network of organizations dedicated to scaling education innovation across the country. Winner of the 2016 Chicago Innovation Award for social innovation, LEAP Innovations is poised to increase our reach and impact by deploying our thought leadership, services and tools across the country.
LEAP is seeking a Measurement Associate to join our growing research and evaluation team. LEAP is developing a suite of personalized learning tools both internally and with external partners to provide school leaders and teachers with data to support school personalized learning innovation efforts, to inform professional development choices, and to contribute to the growing evidence base around personalized learning. LEAP considers expanding the evidence base relating personalized learning teacher practices and school structures and policies to outcomes for students a critical part of our growth strategy. Our ideal candidate will have expertise in measure development, data collection and operations, and survey reporting and delivery, as well as survey management and project management. The Measurement Associate will lead several projects (surveys, observations, qualitative, etc.) currently at different stages of development (e.g., design, operations, reporting) and will be an important voice in designing and supporting our overall research agenda.
- Apply best practices to survey design, operations, and reporting;
- Develop new measurement tools, expanding LEAP’s expertise and capacity;
- Support and contribute to LEAP’s research agenda;
- Author technical reports and user documentation of tools, or manage vendor process for creation, as part of project deliverables;
- Carry out project management activities, including monitoring contract timelines and budgets, supervising the work of junior staff, communicating with senior managers, and communicating with clients as appropriate;
- Collect and manage data for projects;
- Directly support schools and districts with the planning and preparation for survey administration as well as classroom observations;
- Engage in business development activities, including cultivating relationships with existing and potential new survey clients, and managing or writing proposals;
- Support collaboration among team members, both internal and external to LEAP, and contribute to a positive work environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment in which expectations are high for both the quality and speed of work. In addition, s/he should have the following:
- Ph.D. degree (with 2-3 years related experience preferred) or M.A., M.S., or equivalent degree with 3-5 years related experience in survey research;
- Demonstrated management skills, including the ability to lead small and medium sized projects and tasks, provide day-to-day management of more complex projects and tasks, and direct and mentor staff members;
- Experience with statistical programming languages (R preferred) and statistical modelling (HLM preferred);
- Knowledge of personalized learning models and relevant research is a plus;
- Experience working in a grant or contract-funded environment highly desirable;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills;
- Flexibility and ability to consistently meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Acute attention to detail and strong work ethic.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403(b) plan and group life insurance.
Start Date: Position currently available.