Professional Development Coordinator
Connecting innovation and education to dramatically transform the way students learn, LEAP Innovations® leads the nation in developing and scaling personalized learning practices, technology and innovations in classrooms throughout the US. Located at 1871, Chicago’s premier incubator for technology and entrepreneurship, LEAP is quickly positioning Chicago as the national hub for education innovation. LEAP has also launched the country's first personalized learning framework and survey tools to measure practice in and beyond the classroom. Sponsored by major foundations and donors, LEAP currently works with over 90 schools across the Chicagoland area, improving the lives of thousands of students. LEAP also leads the Learning Assembly, a national network of organizations dedicated to scaling education innovation across the country. Winner of the 2016 Chicago Innovation Award for social innovation, LEAP Innovations is poised to increase our reach and impact by deploying our thought leadership, services and tools across the country.
LEAP is seeking a Professional Development Coordinator to join our growing programs team. We offer a portfolio of professional development programs to support the implementation of personalized learning in classrooms and schools across metropolitan Chicago. The coordinator will work with the Director and Manager of Professional Development in support of this portfolio of programs.
- Coordinate professional development planning, scheduling, and communication for the PD Programs
- Serve as a presenter in-residence for at least one of the programs, engaging in mentoring and coaching
- Co-facilitate LEAP’s blended learning Activate program
- Coordinate school visits and follow-up professional development sessions for educators
- Facilitate entry level Discover Personalized Learning events as part of the Community of Practice
- Support design and production of materials for all professional development programs
- Develop and manage educator resources for the LEAP Professional Development Resource Exchange
- Coordinate themed Professional Networking Social Events (quarterly social events connecting participants to other educational resources in the metropolitan Chicago area)
- Schedule and plan quarterly programs, including expert-led, community partner and educator-facilitated events, to support leading edge personalized learning and edtech in the larger ecosystem
- Manage the evolving virtual community for LEAP’s Professional Development Programs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment in which expectations are high for both the quality and speed of work. In addition, s/he should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree; degree in education or social sciences (e.g., economics, sociology) preferred
- 1-3 years K-12 teaching experience; additional exposure to the education sector (such as professional development, training, tutoring or volunteering) a plus
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to lead small and medium sized projects and proposals, as well provide day-to-day management of complex projects and tasks
- Strong interest in developing knowledge and skills as a professional development expert
- Experience with on-line learning platforms is highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Acute attention to detail, commitment to quality, and strong work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and problem solve; comfort with ambiguity
- Flexibility and ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Passion for education, specifically improving learning outcomes for all students through the use of evidence based innovative practices
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403(b) plan and group life insurance.
Start Date: Position currently available.