Connecting innovation and education to dramatically transform the way students learn, LEAP Innovations® leads the nation in developing and scaling personalized learning practices, technology and innovations in classrooms throughout the US. Located at 1871, Chicago’s premier incubator for technology and entrepreneurship, LEAP is quickly positioning Chicago as the national hub for education innovation. LEAP has also launched the country's first personalized learning framework and survey tools to measure practice in and beyond the classroom.
Sponsored by major foundations and donors, LEAP currently works with over 90 schools across the Chicagoland area, improving the lives of thousands of students. LEAP also leads the Learning Assembly, a national network of organizations dedicated to scaling education innovation across the country. Winner of the 2016 Chicago Innovation Award for social innovation, LEAP Innovations is poised to increase our reach and impact by deploying our thought leadership, services and tools across the country.
LEAP Innovations is seeking a highly-experienced executive assistant to work in partnership with the CEO to ensure that she invests her time and attention in the highest priority activities. The ideal candidate will have exceptional maturity, confidence, and judgment to manage the many competing demands based on LEAP’s central executive.
As the executive assistant, you will use discretion and judgement, as well as knowledge of the organization, to facilitate the CEO’s activities. You will manage the CEO’s schedule and review, prioritize, and summarize a wide variety of complex and/or confidential requests that are presented to the CEO for consideration. You will respond to and route inquiries from internal and external sources, maintaining a high degree of professionalism and courtesy toward all constituents. You will create reports and other presentation materials on behalf of the CEO, and coordinate all aspects of travel arrangements and meetings. Given that you will often be the first point of contact for stakeholders reaching out to the CEO and therefore a key external ambassador for LEAP, you must be calm, articulate, and knowledgeable at all times.
- Manage all aspects of CEO’s schedule through project management and dynamic prioritization. Provide a line of sight to the CEO to ensure she is well-prepared for her appointments, whether they are internal or external.
- Coordinate meetings, including drafting agendas, preparing presentation materials, managing logistics and composing meeting summaries; assist the CEO in preparation for meetings by creating advance briefing materials.
- Support Board activities by maintaining the Board calendar, sending meeting notices, creating briefing and presentation materials, coordinating logistics including securing and setting up venues, and recording attendance and meeting minutes.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans for the CEO and visitors, including preparing and updating itineraries and agendas.
- Manage CEO’s correspondence, including drafting reports, memos and letters
- Organize and maintain CEO’s electronic and paper records in an orderly and efficient manner
- Track and process CEO’s expenses
- Assist CEO with special projects as needed
- Answer phone calls and welcome visitors, directing or handling inquiries as appropriate.
- Set an example of professionalism and transparency in the office, developing collegial and high trust relationships with all constituents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment in which expectations are high for quality, speed to completion, and accomplishment. In addition, s/he should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Significant work experience, including 7+ years of experience assisting C-suite staff with scheduling, correspondence, and travel/meeting management.
- Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exemplary planning and time management skills; ability to perform well under pressure from competing timesensitive priorities.
- Flexibility and ability to consistently meet deadlines; ability to work nonstandard hours in support of the CEO’s early or late work activities.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness; ability to solve problems and work independently.
- High degree of professionalism, including discretion and attention to confidentiality.
- Thoughtful communication with all stakeholders
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and/or Google suite tools.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403(b) plan with company match and group life insurance.
Start Date: Position currently available.