Manager, Edtech Partnerships
Connecting innovation and education to dramatically transform the way students learn, LEAP Innovations® leads the nation in developing and scaling personalized learning practices, technology and innovations in classrooms throughout the U.S. Located at 1871, Chicago’s premier incubator for technology and entrepreneurship, LEAP is quickly positioning Chicago as the national hub for education innovation. LEAP has also launched the country's most comprehensive personalized learning framework, as well as the first survey tools to measure practice in the classroom.
Sponsored by major foundations and donors, LEAP currently works with over 90 schools across the Chicagoland area, improving the lives of thousands of students. Winner of the 2016 Chicago Innovation Award for social innovation, LEAP Innovations is poised to increase reach and impact by deploying thought leadership, services and tools across the country.
The mission of LEAP Innovations is to create access to equitable, high-quality personalized learning experiences for all learners, ultimately helping each one to reach their full potential. LEAP operates at the intersection of educators and edtech innovators—researching and implementing personalized practices and tools.
LEAP is defining and articulating the teacher practices that best meet individual student needs; determining the school- and classroom-level models that best personalize learning; and constructing the research methods and tools to best evaluate the impact of personalized learning and edtech programs on student achievement. Similarly, from the edtech side, LEAP aims to help edtech companies utilize LEAP’s research and educator feedback to create tools that are more aligned with teacher and student needs.
LEAP has built a scaffolded trajectory of programming to accomplish these goals, including the LEAP Pilot Network, in which school teams select, pilot and evaluate personalized learning technologies and practices within individual classrooms, as well as whole-school redesign programs, in which school teams design transformative, school-wide personalized learning models.
- Every person deserves the chance to reach his or her potential.
- Quality education should be available to everyone: anytime, anywhere.
- Innovation can transform teaching and learning.
- The private and public sectors must collaborate to advance education and keep our country competitive.
- The time is now.
VISION FOR THE FUTURE
The team at LEAP envisions a future in which there are no boundaries to learning – a future in which each and every student’s learning experiences in and out of school create a seamless, accredited, unique pathway that is tailored to that student’s needs, strengths, interests and limitless ambitions.
Over the next five years, LEAP will work toward this vision in two key ways:
Regional Expansion: LEAP will strengthen its impact by expanding its local work, serving an additional 165,000 students at 325 schools and developing additional focus areas such as early childhood, after school and juvenile justice.
National Impact: Through its work in Chicago, home to the third largest school district in the country, LEAP will build the foundation of tools, resources and knowledge to scale its personalized learning work across the country. These tools and resources include the LEAP Learning Framework, which defines and provides strategies for the implementation of personalized learning, and the LEAP Personalized Learning Surveys, which measure the degree of personalization in a learning environment and are now being used across 11 states. Additionally, LEAP will conduct rigorous research to aggregate and analyze data on teacher practice, student outcomes and product efficacy.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
LEAP Innovations seeks an Edtech Manager to cultivate a strong network of national edtech partnerships to drive piloting and scale of personalized learning across the country, as well as help build community among the local Chicago tech sector and connect them to LEAP’s work.
The ideal Edtech Manager will have a strong knowledge base of the edtech industry and have experience in building programs and services, understanding user needs, translating feedback for product development, as well as in strategic partnership development.
- Design and develop content (e.g., robust product feedback) to grow local and national edtech partnerships within existing programs (i.e., Pilot Network) including analyzing survey and product data
- Proactively lead and evaluate analyses to draw conclusions and develop insightful reports and solutions; build LEAP Innovations’ thought leadership position in the edtech ecosystem around personalized learning
- Build and execute a program strategy to connect and engage the local tech community to LEAP’s programs, schools and educators
- Work with edtech partners, LEAP pilot schools and our cross-functional program team to facilitate high-quality pilot implementations that capture product feedback for edtech partners, proactively improving the partnership experience
Initial responsibilities will include:
- Edtech Thought Leadership: including the codification, publishing and promotion of key insights and best practices from LEAP Innovations’ existing programmatic work, i.e., edtech product curation and product feedback methodologies
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: aligning across LEAP program and research teams on strategy and goals to maximize effectiveness of the LEAP Pilot Network
- Strategic Partnership Management: specifically the identification, recruitment and ongoing support of promising edtechs to participate in the LEAP Pilot Network
- Program Strategy: connect to the local tech community and build opportunities for them to engage with LEAP and our schools/educators
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment in which expectations are high for both the quality and speed of work. He/she will be a professional and confident self-starter with the ability to build and develop program strategy.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the tech/edtech sector or investing in edtech
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic achievement and relevant experience; completed or currently pursuing MBA preferred
- Excellent written/visual and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building capabilities
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially PowerPoint) and Google Apps
Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403(b) plan and group life insurance.
Position currently available.