Title: Administrative Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Connecting innovation and education to dramatically transform the way students learn, LEAP Innovations® leads the nation in developing and scaling personalized learning practices, technology and innovations in classrooms throughout the U.S. Located at 1871, Chicago’s premier incubator for technology and entrepreneurship, LEAP is quickly positioning Chicago as the national hub for education innovation. LEAP has also launched the country's most comprehensive personalized learning framework, as well as the first survey tools to measure practice in the classroom.
Sponsored by major foundations and donors, LEAP currently works with over 90 schools across the Chicagoland area, improving the lives of thousands of students. Winner of the 2016 Chicago Innovation Award for social innovation, LEAP Innovations is poised to increase reach and impact by deploying thought leadership, services and tools across the country.
The mission of LEAP Innovations is to create access to equitable, high-quality personalized learning experiences for all learners, ultimately helping each one to reach their full potential. LEAP operates at the intersection of educators and edtech innovators—researching and implementing personalized practices and tools.
LEAP is defining and articulating the teacher practices that best meet individual student needs; determining the school- and classroom-level models that best personalize learning; and constructing the research methods and tools to best evaluate the impact of personalized learning and edtech programs on student achievement. Similarly, from the edtech side, LEAP aims to help edtech companies utilize LEAP’s research and educator feedback to create tools that are more aligned with teacher and student needs.
LEAP has built a scaffolded trajectory of programming to accomplish these goals, including the LEAP Pilot Network, in which school teams select, pilot and evaluate personalized learning technologies and practices within individual classrooms, as well as whole-school redesign programs, in which school teams design transformative, school-wide personalized learning models.
VISION FOR THE FUTURE
The team at LEAP envisions a future in which there are no boundaries to learning – a future in which each and every student’s learning experiences in and out of school create a seamless, accredited, unique pathway that is tailored to that student’s needs, strengths, interests and limitless ambitions.
Over the next five years, LEAP will work toward this vision regionally and nationally.
LEAP will strengthen its impact by expanding its local work, serving an additional 145,000 students at 325 schools and developing additional focus areas such as early childhood, after school and juvenile justice.
Through its work in Chicago, home to the third largest school district in the country, LEAP will build the foundation of tools, resources and knowledge to scale its personalized learning work across the country. These tools and resources include the LEAP Learning Framework, which defines and provides strategies for the implementation of personalized learning, and LEAP Personalized Learning Surveys, which measure the degree of personalization in a learning environment.
OVERVIEW OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR ROLE
The LEAP Administrative Coordinator will be an accomplished administrative professional with experience in not-for-profit and mission-driven organizations. This individual will have a proven track record of supporting multiple executives simultaneously. The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for all aspects of administrative support including general meeting management, business correspondence, creation of presentation-ready materials, travel and calendar coordination, supplies management, and event support.
The Administrative Coordinator will engage with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of senior level staff across multiple areas at LEAP. Exceptional communication and relationship building skills are imperative. This individual must be detail oriented, excel at coordinating multiple assignments within specific timeframes, and present a calm demeanor. The successful candidate will be available to work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Coordinate calendars and scheduling
- Cross-train and serve as backup to Administrative Coordinators in other functional areas
- Provide day-to-day support to facilitate success of two functional areas: 1) Marketing and Communications, 2) Development
- Coordinate meetings, including scheduling space and ordering food and supplies, drafting agendas, preparing presentation materials, and composing and distributing meeting summaries
- Arrange travel plans, including preparing and updating itineraries and agendas
- Provide assistance for special events
- Structure and maintain electronic files
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Confirm supplies and equipment are available to meet team and programmatic needs
- Maintain records of customer contacts in CRM tool
- Assist with ad hoc projects and administrative duties as required
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment where expectations are high for both the quality and speed of work. This individual will be a confident self-starter and have:
- Bachelor’s in English, communication, or related field;
- Minimum three years administrative support experience with increasing responsibility;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking skills to make decisions and define priorities;
- Ability to collaborate as a member of a team with a positive attitude and “can do” perspective;
- Experience working in an open office/start-up environment;
- Passion for transforming K-12 education.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403b plan and group life insurance.
Start Date: Position currently available.