Associate Managing Director, Product
The Associate Managing Director, Product is responsible for developing a suite of products that allows LEAP to scale its innovative model nationwide. The Associate Managing Director is responsible for leading the development of solutions from ideation through proof of concept and playing an active role in the creative development process from implementation through go-to-market launch to include product strategy, product design, and the delivery of customer-centric solutions. The role will partner closely with LEAP’s Programs, Research, Professional Development and Market Development teams to codify LEAP’s current highly innovative practices, leveraging these practices to design a technology-enabled product suite and successfully launch them into that market. The Associate Managing Director, Product will be accountable for scaling LEAP’s model and generating a sustainable revenue stream that will eventually reduce LEAP’s dependence on philanthropic funding.
Product Roadmap and Development:
- Establish the concept development phase for the product portfolio to determine proof of concept; lead and drive the process from information gathering through the phases of product building: clearly articulate problem/s to solve, define the solution offering, the audience and the LEAP unique approach.
- Lead the development of new concept ideation, prototyping and user testing to uncover insights, enabling the refinement of the concepts that resonate with target users.
- Build the roadmap for developing and launching the suite of products and align stakeholders around it.
- Manage the development and documentation of initial and ongoing product requirement and capability needs for use in RFPs and to drive development.
- In partnership with the Managing Director, Shared Services, evaluate, select, and manage the external vendors (domestic and/or overseas) who will develop and integrate LEAP’s digital platform.
- Collaborate with the Professional Learning team to translate and package the LEAP Professional Development model for the digital environment and to manage ongoing product development.
- Lead a regular process for gathering input from internal and external subject matter experts to prioritize product requirements.
- Conduct market research, when necessary through an external vendor, to deeply understand the needs of the buyers and users of the product in collaboration with the Market Development team.
- Develop deep expertise on the competitive set and how LEAP should be positioned vis-à-vis current market leaders.
- Map out the customer journey and ensure that the product addresses needs as they emerge.
- Cultivate deep expertise on the digital learning environment to ensure LEAP’s platform reflects cutting edge models for engaging adult learners.
- Develop product pricing models, conduct market testing on their attractiveness and recommend go-to-market pricing and model.
- Partner with Marketing Communications, LEAP team members and external vendors to brand the product and develop the supporting collateral.
- Develop strategies and lead the processes involved in product design: market review and analysis, concept and prototype design, project planning and mapping, user training and update process.
- Create, develop and drive the launch strategy and implementation.
- Collect, monitor and analyze user feedback on product features, usability and pricing pre and post-launch. Provide insights to Managing Director, Growth & Innovation for revenue projections.
- Set goals for performance that align with LEAP’s core values, market strategy, organizational KPIs, and vision, communicate them to direct reports and team and hold the team accountable to achieving them.
- Supervise and mentor team, monitor productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment where expectations are high for quality and goal achievement within accelerated timeframes. He/she will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous management experience, including staff supervisory experience
- Demonstrated success in leading the process to design a new digital product and bringing it to market
- An understanding of the adult e-learning marketplace and / or the market for K-12 professional development
- Strong understanding of digital platforms and channels
- Success in change management and maintaining stability during times of rapid growth, ambiguity, and uncertainty.
- Ability to rapidly shift altitudes from strategic to execution and to proactively identify and remove obstacles.
- A passion for education as demonstrated through academic study, volunteerism, or work in public sector roles, and a commitment to LEAP’s mission
- Demonstrated project management, organizational, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills, written/visual and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and drive collaborative work
- PMP certification