We are looking for a Development Manager who shares our fierce commitment to improving education outcomes for all students, who embraces our spirit of innovation, and who is looking for an opportunity to join an organization that is on the cutting edge of education.
The Development Manager will support LEAP’s rapid growth, helping to revolutionize education and dramatically strengthen the academic performance of elementary and high school aged children. Integrating and sustaining a diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racist lens throughout your work will help foster the most equitable and just outcomes for the students, educators, schools and communities LEAP serves.
The Development Manager will be responsible for both direct solicitation and supporting the Associate Managing Director, Fundraising and Development and CEO as they solicit corporate, foundation, and individual donors. The successful candidate will be an engaging, creative development professional who is the consummate team player and has a demonstrated track record of success in raising funds across a spectrum of donors. The role will have direct responsibility for a donor portfolio that includes foundations, corporate and individual donors. Additionally, the manager will be responsible for grant writing, donor stewardship, donor reporting and record keeping, administrative support for solicitation, donor stewardship events, communications and other tasks as needed to effectively support the growth of LEAP Innovations.
- Personally cultivate and develop a portfolio of corporate, individual and foundation donors.
- Write and prepare quality donor communications including proposals, PowerPoint pitch decks for donor meetings, correspondence and donor reports.
- Create and maintain a calendar of donor stewardship activities and strategies.
- Lead and execute high quality gift processing, timely gift acknowledgements, and maintain accurate donor data by completing routine updates to records in Raiser’s Edge.
- Research and identify prospective donors including individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Develop and maintain prospect and donor portfolios.
- Collaborate with the Associate Managing Director, Development to plan, coordinate and execute donor events and other stewardship activities.
- Coordinate and implement fundraising campaign planning activities.
- Monitor, track and record outstanding pledges, recurring and matching gifts.
- Creatively contribute to the implementation and expansion of LEAP’s ambitious fundraising efforts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment where expectations are high for quality and goal achievement within accelerated timeframes. He/she will have the following:
- Commitment to integrate and sustain a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens throughout all of LEAP’s internal and external work and operations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2-4 years of progressive, professional experience in a nonprofit development/fundraising role
- Demonstrated success in managing proposal development and submission, grant reporting and correspondence and donor databases
- Experience in developing and implementing donor stewardship activities
- Proficiency in Google Docs and/or Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated project management, organization, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be self-directed and own your responsibilities
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and drive collaborative work
- A passion for equity in education as demonstrated through academic study, volunteerism, or work in public sector roles, and a commitment to LEAP’s mission
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403b plan, group life insurance and generous PTO.
Start Date: Position currently available.
Application: Phone inquiries are not accepted. Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Please include position name in the subject line of your email.