Digital Marketing Manager
Connecting innovation and education to dramatically transform the way students learn, LEAP Innovations ® leads the nation in developing and scaling personalized learning practices, technology and innovations in classrooms throughout the U.S. LEAP launched the country’s most comprehensive personalized learning framework, as well as the first survey tool to measure personalized learning practice in the classroom.
Sponsored by major foundations and donors, LEAP currently works with over 140 schools across the Chicagoland area, improving the lives of thousands of students. Winner of the 2016 Chicago Innovation Award for social innovation, LEAP Innovations is poised to increase reach and impact in the personalized learning space by deploying thought leadership, services and tools across the country.
The mission of LEAP Innovations is to transform education nationwide into a uniquely personal experience, designed to prepare, empower and inspire all learners to ignite their unlimited potential. LEAP operates at the intersection of educators and edtech innovators—researching and implementing personalized practices and tools.
LEAP is defining and articulating teacher practices that best meet individual student needs; determining school- and classroom-level models that best personalize learning; and constructing research methods and tools to best evaluate the impact of personalized learning and edtech programs on student achievement. Similarly, from the edtech side, LEAP aims to help edtech companies utilize its research and educator feedback to create tools that are more aligned with teacher and student needs.
LEAP has built a scaffold trajectory of programming to accomplish these goals, including the LEAP Pilot Network, in which school teams select, pilot and evaluate personalized learning technologies and practices within individual classrooms, as well as whole-school redesign programs, in which school teams design transformative, school-wide personalized learning models.
VISION FOR THE FUTURE
The team at LEAP envisions a future in which there are no boundaries to learning – a future in which each and every student’s learning experiences in and out of school create a seamless, unique pathway that is tailored to that student’s needs, strengths, interests and limitless ambitions.
Over the next five years, LEAP will work toward this vision in two key ways:
Regional Expansion: LEAP will strengthen its impact by expanding its local work, serving an additional 165,000 students at 325 schools and launching a plan to create a new personalized learning ecosystem that formally connects students to learning pathways in and out of school.
National Impact: Through its work in Chicago, home to the third largest school district in the country, LEAP will build the foundation of tools, resources and knowledge to scale its personalized learning work across the country. Our current tools include the LEAP Learning Framework, which defines and provides strategies for the implementation of personalized learning, and the LEAP Personalized Learning Surveys, which measure the degree of personalization in learning environments. These surveys are now used in almost 400 schools, across 23 states. Additionally, LEAP will develop and scale new products and program services to drive teacher practice, school redesign and product efficacy in personalized learning across the country.
The Digital Marketing Manager will guide the insight-fueled strategy, creative development, production, syndication and analytics of all LEAP Innovations’ digital marketing content and communication.
- Concept new strategies to build and execute content plans to bring to life the overall Marketing Communications strategy and Communications platforms.
- Maximize the digital impact of LEAP’s public relations efforts, events, speaking engagements and other thought leadership initiatives by using data, insight and powerful creative content.
- Lead LEAP team members, agencies and partners (including school teams) in shaping and producing content; drive deadlines and manage budgets tightly in the process.
- Drive social and digital strategy and execution
- Strategic planning to create content, including setting tight objectives and KPIs against audience targets
- Gathering insight and perspective from data, team leaders, members and partners
- Content planning, including developing and gaining alignment on creative briefs
- Recommending content format against objectives
- Creating editorial and aligning content executions strategically against monthly initiatives and opportunities
- Maximizing the roles of digital channels: website, newsletters, social channels, blog and podcast
- Website upgrades and evolutions
- Integration with Events and PR activities to maximize their impact and seize opportunities to ensure brand voice inclusion
- Production oversight, including managing and coordinating with partners on efficient execution
- Overseeing projects budgets, managing approvals and team reviews efficiently and inclusively
- Gathering and sharing data-driven insights about our work; factoring digital insight into all strategy setting
- Creating and executing deep analytics plans – including benchmarks and measurement tools
- Building and maintaining dashboards to track and share successes and learnings of content against benchmarks
- Planning and optimizing strategic channels for content
- Amplifying appropriate content with media buys to reach key audiences
*Duties, responsibilities and work related activities may change at any time with or without advanced notice to support the organization’s growth trajectory.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment where expectations are high for quality and goal achievement within aggressive timeframes. He/she will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years’ experience working in digital media
- Demonstrated experience in creating social media, web and UX strategy
- HTML and WordPress proficiency
- Paid media planning proficiency
- Passion for education and meaningful social impact
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and drive collaborative work
- Demonstrated leadership experience (volunteering, club leadership, etc.)
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written/visual and oral communication skills
- Agency experience
- Staff supervisory experience
- Experience using social listening tools
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403(b) plan, group life insurance and generous PTO.
Start Date: Position currently available.
Application: Phone inquiries are not accepted. Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Please include the position name in the subject line of your email.