We are looking for a Director, Partnerships, who shares our fierce commitment to improving education outcomes for all students, who embraces our spirit of innovation, and who is looking for an opportunity to join an organization that is on the cutting edge of education.
The Director, Partnerships, will support LEAP’s rapid growth, helping to revolutionize education and dramatically strengthen the academic performance of elementary and high school aged children. Integrating and sustaining a diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racist lens throughout your work will help foster the most equitable and just outcomes for the students, educators, schools and communities LEAP serves.
The Director, Partnerships, will be responsible for building the sales pipeline for LEAP’s innovative suite of programs and products for the K-12 education marketplace. In this role, you will be accountable for the full sales life cycle from prospect to close.
As the sales leader for LEAP, you drive and execute strategies working cross functionally to manage the sales process and ensure quality product delivery, client satisfaction and account expansion. You are a highly motivated sales leader who is accomplished in fostering and developing relationships with existing and prospective clients, and loves working towards and delivering against tangible, measurable revenue goals. You will become a LEAP expert on personalized learning, and the LEAP suite of products and services.
Sales Strategy Development and Execution:
- Proactively engage existing customers and identify opportunities to upsell and cross sell the LEAP product portfolio.
- Qualify and cold call leads in geographic regions that need development.
- Prospect for clients, prepare and present sales presentations, build and maintain client relationships and close sales deals.
- Support new customer onboarding by facilitating the hand off to the customer success team.
- Provide critical market and client feedback and insights on product features and functionality to the product and programs teams.
- Develop and implement strategies for building our customer base, including defining and prioritizing target accounts and building our profile in the market via direct sales, conferences and partnership opportunities.
- Develop local and national partnerships in pursuit of new sales channels and strategies.
- Research and prepare background information for prospective customers and plan logistics for sales appointments.
- Collaborate with marketing and communications to support the development and maintenance of sales and marketing assets (presentations, collateral, proposals, and case studies).
- Hire and train the sales team and develop the commission platform and associated processes. (Timeframe tbd).
CRM Strategy & Utilization:
- Define the strategies, processes, reporting, and dashboards necessary to achieve sales team goals and support the implementation of the CRM configurations and customizations needed to operationalize them.
- Diligently use Insightly CRM for contact, account, and sales opportunity management, recording meeting, follow-up and notes regularly.
- Utilize the CRM reporting capabilities to provide analysis and actionable metrics for senior leadership.
- Monitor and manage the progression of the sales opportunity pipeline from marketing programs through opportunity creation and account management.
- Prepare reports on key ROI, budget and quota metrics to accurately forecast sales opportunities each month.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment where expectations are high for quality and goal achievement within accelerated timeframes. He/she will have the following:
- Commitment to integrate and sustain a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens throughout all of LEAP’s internal and external work and operations
- Sales experience in the K-12 education marketplace
- 7+ years of demonstrated, progressive achievement in a business development role
- Demonstrated, successful experience owning the sales cycle: researching, prospecting, outreach, pitching, negotiating and closing
- Demonstrated solid relationship building skills and solid business acumen
- Ability to cold call and close sales deals
- Must be available for up to 30% national travel, conditions permitting
- Proficiency in Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated project management, organization, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be self-directed and own your responsibilities to meet sales targets
- Comfort with ambiguity
- A passion for equity in education as demonstrated through academic study, volunteerism, or work in public sector roles, and a commitment to LEAP’s mission
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Track record of success in meeting annual revenue goals of $5 million
- Previous experience building and managing a sales team
- Edtech sales experience
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403b plan, group life insurance and generous PTO.
Start Date: Position currently available.
Application: Phone inquiries are not accepted. Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Please include position name in the subject line of your email.