Connecting innovation and education to dramatically transform the way students learn, LEAP Innovations® leads the nation in developing and scaling personalized learning practices, technology and innovations in classrooms throughout the U.S. Located at 1871, Chicago’s premier incubator for technology and entrepreneurship, LEAP is quickly positioning Chicago as the national hub for education innovation. LEAP has also launched the country’s most comprehensive personalized learning framework, as well as the first survey tools to measure practice in the classroom.
Sponsored by major foundations and donors, LEAP currently works with over 90 schools across the Chicagoland area, improving the lives of thousands of students. Winner of the 2016 Chicago Innovation Award for social innovation, LEAP Innovations is poised to increase reach and impact by deploying thought leadership, services and tools across the country.
The mission of LEAP Innovations is to create access to equitable, high-quality personalized learning experiences for all learners, ultimately helping each one to reach their full potential. LEAP operates at the intersection of educators and edtech innovators—researching and implementing personalized practices and tools.
LEAP is defining and articulating the teacher practices that best meet individual student needs; determining the school- and classroom-level models that best personalize learning; and constructing the research methods and tools to best evaluate the impact of personalized learning and edtech programs on student achievement. Similarly, from the edtech side, LEAP aims to help edtech companies utilize LEAP’s research and educator feedback to create tools that are more aligned with teacher and student needs.
LEAP has built a scaffolded trajectory of programming to accomplish these goals, including the LEAP Pilot Network, in which school teams select, pilot and evaluate personalized learning technologies and practices within individual classrooms, as well as whole-school redesign programs, in which school teams design transformative, school-wide personalized learning models.
- Every person deserves the chance to reach his or her potential.
- Quality education should be available to everyone: anytime, anywhere.
- Innovation can transform teaching and learning.
- The private and public sectors must collaborate to advance education and keep our country competitive.
- The time is now.
VISION FOR THE FUTURE
The team at LEAP envisions a future in which there are no boundaries to learning – a future in which each and every student’s learning experiences in and out of school create a seamless, accredited, unique pathway that is tailored to that student’s needs, strengths, interests and limitless ambitions.
Over the next five years, LEAP will work toward this vision in two key ways:
Regional Expansion: LEAP will strengthen its impact by expanding its local work, serving an additional 165,000 students at 325 schools and developing additional focus areas such as early childhood, after school and juvenile justice.
National Impact: Through its work in Chicago, home to the third largest school district in the country, LEAP will build the foundation of tools, resources and knowledge to scale its personalized learning work across the country. These tools and resources include the LEAP Learning Framework, which defines and provides strategies for the implementation of personalized learning, and the LEAP Personalized Learning Surveys, which measure the degree of personalization in a learning environment and are now being used across 11 states. Additionally, LEAP will conduct rigorous research to aggregate and analyze data on teacher practice, student outcomes and product efficacy.
- Manage all aspects of CEO’s schedule through project management and dynamic prioritization
- Provide a line of sight to the CEO to ensure she is well-prepared for her appointments, whether they are internal or external
- Coordinate meetings, including drafting agendas, preparing presentation materials, managing logistics and composing meeting summaries; assist the CEO in preparation for meetings by creating advance briefing materials
- Support Board activities by maintaining the Board calendar, sending meeting notices, creating briefing and presentation materials, coordinating logistics including securing and setting up venues, and recording attendance and meeting minutes
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans for the CEO and visitors, including preparing and updating itineraries and agendas
- Serve as point of contact and provide staffing support for CEO’s public and private board commitments
- Manage CEO’s correspondence, including drafting reports, memos and letters
- Organize and maintain CEO’s electronic and paper records in an orderly and efficient manner
- Track and process CEO’s expenses
- Assist CEO with special projects as needed
- Answer phone calls and welcome visitors, directing or handling inquiries as appropriate
- Set an example of professionalism and transparency in the office, developing collegial and high trust relationships with all constituents
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment in which expectations are high for quality, speed to completion, and accomplishment. In addition, s/he should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Significant work experience, including 7+ years of experience assisting C-suite staff with scheduling, correspondence, and travel/meeting management
- Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exemplary planning and time management skills; ability to perform well under pressure from competing time-sensitive priorities
- Flexibility and ability to consistently meet deadlines; ability to work nonstandard hours in support of the CEO’s early or late work activities
- Demonstrated resourcefulness; ability to solve problems and work independently
- High degree of professionalism, including discretion and attention to confidentiality
- Thoughtful communication with all stakeholders
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and/or Google suite tools
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403(b) plan with company match and group life insurance.
Start Date: Position currently available.
Application: Phone inquiries are not accepted. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume (including salary requirements) to Careers@leapinnovations.org. Please include the position name in the subject line of your email.