Major Gifts Officer
Connecting innovation and education to dramatically transform the way students learn, LEAP Innovations® leads the nation in developing and scaling personalized learning practices, technology and innovations in classrooms throughout the U.S. LEAP launched the country’s most comprehensive personalized learning framework, as well as the first survey tool to measure personalized learning practice in the classroom.
Sponsored by major foundations and donors, LEAP currently works with over 140 schools across the Chicagoland area, improving the lives of thousands of students. Winner of the 2018 Golden Apple Impact Award and 2016 Chicago Innovation Award for social innovation, LEAP Innovations is poised to increase reach and impact in the personalized learning space by deploying thought leadership, services and tools across the country.
The mission of LEAP Innovations is to transform education nationwide into a uniquely personal experience, designed to prepare, empower and inspire all learners to ignite their unlimited potential. LEAP operates at the intersection of educators and edtech innovators—researching and implementing personalized practices and tools.
These stories below speak to the heart of what we do:
The Major Gifts Officer will support LEAP’s rapid growth, helping to revolutionize education and dramatically strengthen the academic performance of elementary and high school aged children and will play a key role in helping LEAP to meet its significant goals for local and national expansion and will be responsible for both direct solicitation and supporting the Director and CEO as they solicit donors.
The successful candidate will be a driven, entrepreneurial development professional who is the consummate team player and has a demonstrated track record of success in personally raising funds across a spectrum of donors, especially individuals. The Major Gifts Officer will have direct responsibility for a donor portfolio, including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Personally cultivate and solicit a portfolio of major gift donors, focused on 5- and 6- figure gifts from individuals and corporations
- Write and prepare quality donor communications including proposals, meeting presentations, correspondence and donor reports
- Work with Director to develop and maintain prospect and donor portfolios
- Contribute to the execution of events and other stewardship activities
- Creatively contribute to the implementation and expansion of LEAP’s ambitious fundraising efforts
- Support cross-functional collaboration, aligning across program and research teams on strategy and goals to maximize effectiveness of the LEAP Pilot Network
*Duties, responsibilities and work related activities may change at any time with or without advance notice to support the organization’s growth trajectory.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment where expectations are high for quality and goal achievement within accelerated timeframes. He/she will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic achievement and relevant experience
- Two (2) to six (6) years of relevant work experience, previous exposure to the K-12 education or edtech sector a plus
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated comfort with ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience managing clients and/or partners in professional capacity
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Excellent written/visual and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building capabilities
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and drive collaborative work
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Apps
- Experience working in a start-up environment
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403b plan, group life insurance and generous PTO.
Start Date: Position currently available.
Application: Phone inquiries are not accepted. Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Please include position name in the subject line of your email.