Connecting innovation and education to dramatically transform the way students learn, LEAP Innovations® leads the nation in developing and scaling personalized learning practices, technology and innovations in classrooms throughout the U.S. LEAP launched the country’s most comprehensive personalized learning framework, as well as the first survey tool to measure personalized learning practice in the classroom.
Sponsored by major foundations and donors, LEAP currently works with over 140 schools across the Chicagoland area, improving the lives of thousands of students. Winner of the 2018 Golden Apple Impact Award and 2016 Chicago Innovation Award for social innovation, LEAP Innovations is poised to increase reach and impact in the personalized learning space by deploying thought leadership, services and tools across the country.
The mission of LEAP Innovations is to transform education nationwide into a uniquely personal experience, designed to prepare, empower and inspire all learners to ignite their unlimited potential. LEAP operates at the intersection of educators and edtech innovators—researching and implementing personalized practices and tools.
These stories below speak to the heart of what we do:
The Marketing Coordinator will support the development of organization relationships with opinion leading and other mission-critical influencers across the education landscape and beyond as well as the execution of programs to engage them in. In addition to relationship management, the coordinator will support the execution of events including, but not limited to, the annual LEAP InnovatED Summit, hosted visits from national and local partners and local and national conferences and meetings.
- Conduct research into social media influencers (individuals and groups) to ensure alignment and identify leaders as potential influencers
- Regularly monitor media and social media activity for target groups and identify intersection
- Conduct research into national, regional and local education and workforce development conferences and events where LEAP should maintain a presence
- Manage influencers and attendees via Insightly, a customer relationship management tool and create and maintain ongoing progress reports
- Represent LEAP at local events
- Support the execution and staging of events, speaking engagements, conferences including
providing logistics support: attendee management, catering, materials development and coordination
- Support the execution of a variety of marketing, operational and administrative activities
- Lead the administration of content development such as event announcements and reports, collateral production and mailing list management
*Duties, responsibilities and work related activities may change at any time with or without advance notice to support the organization’s growth trajectory.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment where expectations are high for quality and goal achievement within aggressive timeframes. He/she will have the following:
- Associate’s Degree; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years experience
- Acute attention to detail, commitment to quality, and strong work ethic; demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in CRM database management
- Experience using Google Suite tools including Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Willingness to learn new skills and apply them on the job
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Flexibility and demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Passion for education and meaningful social impact
- Experience with Insightly
- Familiarity with social media tracking tools such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite
- Knowledge of the Chicago education and ecosystem
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403b plan, group life insurance and generous PTO.
Start Date: Position currently available.
Application: Phone inquiries are not accepted. Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Please include position name in the subject line of your email.