Personalized Learning Coach
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager of School Supports
Connecting innovation and education to dramatically transform the way students learn, LEAP Innovations® leads the nation in developing and scaling personalized learning practices, technology and innovations in classrooms throughout the U.S. LEAP launched the country’s most comprehensive personalized learning framework, as well as the first survey tool to measure personalized learning practice in the classroom.
Sponsored by major foundations and donors, LEAP currently works with over 140 schools across the Chicagoland area, improving the lives of thousands of students. Winner of the 2016 Chicago Innovation Award for social innovation, LEAP Innovations is poised to increase reach and impact in the personalized learning space by deploying thought leadership, services and tools across the country.
The mission of LEAP Innovations is to transform education nationwide into a uniquely personal experience, designed to prepare, empower and inspire all learners to ignite their unlimited potential. LEAP operates at the intersection of educators and edtech innovators—researching and implementing personalized practices and tools.
LEAP is defining and articulating teacher practices that best meet individual student needs; determining school- and classroom-level models that best personalize learning; and constructing research methods and tools to best evaluate the impact of personalized learning and edtech programs on student achievement. Similarly, from the edtech side, LEAP aims to help edtech companies utilize its research and educator feedback to create tools that are more aligned with teacher and student needs.
LEAP has built a scaffold trajectory of programming to accomplish these goals, including the LEAP Pilot Network, in which school teams select, pilot and evaluate personalized learning technologies and practices within individual classrooms, as well as whole-school redesign programs, in which school teams design transformative, school-wide personalized learning models.
VISION FOR THE FUTURE
The team at LEAP envisions a future in which there are no boundaries to learning – a future in which each and every student’s learning experiences in and out of school create a seamless, unique pathway that is tailored to that student’s needs, strengths, interests and limitless ambitions.
Over the next five years, LEAP will work toward this vision in two key ways:
Regional Expansion: LEAP will strengthen its impact by expanding its local work, serving an additional 165,000 students at 325 schools and launching a plan to create a new personalized learning ecosystem that formally connects students to learning pathways in and out of school.
National Impact: Through its work in Chicago, home to the third largest school district in the country, LEAP will build the foundation of tools, resources and knowledge to scale its personalized learning work across the country. Our current tools include the LEAP Learning Framework, which defines and provides strategies for the implementation of personalized learning, and the LEAP Personalized Learning Surveys. These surveys measure the degree of personalization in learning environments and are used in approximately 400 schools, across 23 states. Additionally, LEAP will develop and scale new products and program services to drive teacher practice, school redesign and product efficacy in personalized learning across the country.
LEAP Innovations is seeking a Personalized Learning Coach who will lead the oversight and support for schools piloting personalized learning with LEAP. Through regular site visits and coaching conversations, the Personalized Learning Coach will support teams of teachers in the creation of goals, selection of strategies, and ongoing reflection, with the ultimate goal of helping teachers better meet the needs of all students. The successful candidate will also collaborate across the organization to support professional development sessions, research and other organization-wide initiatives aligned with LEAP’s mission.
- Provide on-site coaching to teachers and school leaders, troubleshoot issues, and provide strategic guidance to team leads, teachers and administrators
- Coordinate with LEAP colleagues to plan and facilitate ongoing professional learning for teachers
- Meet with school leaders to support and guide the implementation of personalized learning on a regular basis
- Create opportunities for cross-school collaboration and best-practice sharing
- Develop mechanisms for reporting out quality of implementations and areas of risk
- Identify, track and report on actionable and tangible outcomes
- Curate and develop robust resources to help pilot sites continuously improving and evolving their personalized learning implementations
- Update all stakeholders on the progress of pilots
- Coordinate and support communication to and between schools
- Attend national conferences and industry meetings focused on personalized learning
- Support cross-functional projects
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment where expectations are high for quality and goal achievement within aggressive timeframes. He/she will have the following:
- Five (5) years K-12 teaching experience
- Experience implementing data-driven instruction and/or small group instruction
- Ability to communicate implementation needs and outcomes to different stakeholders and make recommendations about relevance and implications
- Experience and/or background in personalized learning methodology and instruction
- Experience designing and/or delivering professional learning sessions, working with teachers, principals, and other instructors collaboratively to inform and improve practice
- Passion for education, specifically improving learning outcomes for all students through the use of evidence based innovative practices and education technology
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
- Seven (7) years K-12 teaching experience with a minimum of 2 years instructional or leadership coaching
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse student populations
- Deep understanding of nationwide personalized learning, competency-based, and blended learning models
- Experience working with education technology vendors and developers
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403(b) plan and group life insurance.
Start Date: Position currently available.
Application: Phone inquiries are not accepted. Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply. Please include the position name in the subject line of your email.