Professional Learning Coordinator
Connecting innovation and education to dramatically transform the way students learn, LEAP Innovations® leads the nation in developing and scaling personalized learning practices, technology and innovations in classrooms throughout the U.S. Located at 1871, Chicago’s premier incubator for technology and entrepreneurship, LEAP is quickly positioning Chicago as the national hub for education innovation. LEAP has also launched the country’s most comprehensive personalized learning framework, as well as the first survey tools to measure practice in the classroom.
Sponsored by major foundations and donors, LEAP currently works with over 90 schools across the Chicagoland area, improving the lives of thousands of students. Winner of the 2016 Chicago Innovation Award for social innovation, LEAP Innovations is poised to increase reach and impact by deploying thought leadership, services and tools across the country.
The mission of LEAP Innovations is to create access to equitable, high-quality personalized learning experiences for all learners, ultimately helping each one to reach their full potential. LEAP operates at the intersection of educators and edtech innovators—researching and implementing personalized practices and tools.
LEAP is defining and articulating the teacher practices that best meet individual student needs; determining the school- and classroom-level models that best personalize learning; and constructing the research methods and tools to best evaluate the impact of personalized learning and edtech programs on student achievement. Similarly, from the edtech side, LEAP aims to help edtech companies utilize LEAP’s research and educator feedback to create tools that are more aligned with teacher and student needs.
LEAP has built a scaffolded trajectory of programming to accomplish these goals, including the LEAP Pilot Network, in which school teams select, pilot and evaluate personalized learning technologies and practices within individual classrooms, as well as whole-school redesign programs, in which school teams design transformative, school-wide personalized learning models.
LEAP is seeking a Professional Learning Coordinator to join our growing programs team. We offer a portfolio of professional learning programs to support the design and implementation of personalized learning models in classrooms and schools across metropolitan Chicago. Reporting to the Director of Professional Learning, the Coordinator will work with the Professional Learning team in support of this portfolio of programs. In addition, the Coordinator will be expected to collaborate with cross-functional teams in the organization.
- Co-lead LEAP’s blended model of professional learning, serving as the primary source for participants and internal staff
- Support and co-facilitate professional learning programs, engaging in mentoring and coaching of school teams
- Support design and production of materials for all professional learning programs
- Coordinate a series of school visits and follow-up professional learning sessions for educators
- Manage the evolving virtual community for LEAP’s professional learning programs
- Develop and manage educator communities of practice to expand LEAP’s reach in the educator community and connect educators across the region
- Plan and coordinate a series of educator events and networking engagements to connect participants to other personalized learning and edtech resources in the larger ecosystem
- Work with a cross-functional team to develop and manage educator resources for personalized learning
- Coordinate planning, scheduling and communication for professional learning programs
The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment in which expectations are high for both the quality and speed of work. S/he will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, Master’s preferred;
- Minimum three years teaching experience;
- Experience with adult learning/training, peer mentoring, or leading a team is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of personalized learning; experience implementing it at the class or school level preferred;
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to lead small and medium sized projects, as well as provide day-to-day management of complex projects and tasks related to design, development and delivery of professional learning for teachers;
- Experience with online learning platforms is highly desirable;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Acute attention to detail;
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and strong work ethic;
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines consistently;
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and problem solve;
- Comfort with ambiguity;
- Passion for education, specifically improving learning outcomes for all students through innovative practices.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403(b) plan and group life insurance.
Start Date: Position currently available.
Application: Phone inquiries are not accepted. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume (including salary requirements) to email@example.com. Please include the position name in the subject line of your email.