Project and Portfolio Manager
The Portfolio and Project Manager will administer and facilitate LEAP’s project portfolio management and project transparency processes and add project management capacity for resource intensive and cross-functional priority projects. This role ensures that LEAP projects are aligned with organizational goals, resources are properly allocated, and that there is strong organizational transparency of the LEAP portfolio, priorities, and status.
- Facilitate project portfolio management processes through the entire PPM life-cycle, ensuring all portfolio projects are aligned with organizational goals and their respective project plans are achievable given staff resources, budgeting, and time constraints.
- Apply project management expertise to manage day-to-day operations and challenges of a diversified project portfolio, and create a standardized practice.
- Establish trust and conduct checkpoint meetings with Project Managers. Identify development needs and coordinate support and training as needed. Escalate concerns that threaten portfolio and/or project success.
- Maintain transparency and communication of the portfolio throughout all levels of the organization, including the development of portfolio level reports, evaluating performance metrics; and preparing reports and monthly key performance indicator (KPI) score cards for Executive Leadership.
- Establish, enhance, and maintain a common set of practices, tools and templates for project portfolio level management and ensure these standards are being upheld.
- Build organizational project management skills through staff education, training, and communication.
- Lead cross-functional working groups to meet program and organizational objectives; facilitate working sessions to isolate, strategize, and resolve impediments to project and/or portfolio success.
- Serve as project manager as needed and available for resource intensive and cross-functional priority projects.
- Lead PPM efforts to identify/adopt new technology to streamline data collection, reporting, and project visibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment where expectations are high for quality and goal achievement within accelerated timeframes. He/she will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- PMP or similar certification strongly preferred
- 5+ years’ experience as a project manager
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating projects both quantitatively and qualitatively, including capacity management
- Demonstrated project management and organization skills
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills
- Demonstrated comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and drive collaborative work
- Excellent written/visual and oral communication skills
- Passion for education and meaningful social impact
- Demonstrated leadership experience (volunteering, club leadership, etc.)
- Experience working in a small, start-up, high growth organization with a portfolio management function
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403b plan, group life insurance and generous PTO.
Start Date: Position currently available.
Application: Phone inquiries are not accepted. Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply. Please include position name in the subject line of your email.