LEAP Innovations is looking for Research Interns for Spring Semester 2020 who share our fierce commitment to improving education outcomes for all students, who embrace our spirit of innovation, and who are looking for an opportunity to join an organization that is on the cutting edge of education.
The Research Interns will support the data collection and analysis efforts on our Personalized Learning and Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) Research initiative. Specific tasks will include:
- Data collection through observations of classroom practices.
- Participating in training and calibrating sessions with observation team.
- Assisting in the development of LEAP’s own instrumentation including observation protocols and analysis codebook.
- Helping determine best practices for data collection and analysis for our program efficacy analysis.
The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment in which expectations are high for both the quality and speed of work. In addition, s/he should have the following:
- Pursuing coursework in ethnography/observations such as Anthropology, Economics, Education, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, or Sociology, or other relevant social science fields
- Grade levels: Juniors, Seniors, and Masters level students. Freshman and Sophomore students may apply if they have relevant and significant research experience
- Available 7-10 hours a week from March 2020-June 2020 with potential to stay on through the summer to assist with analysis
- Experience with fundamental qualitative research data collection and analysis methods
- Exceptional reasoning and communication skills
- Acute attention to detail, commitment to quality, and strong work ethic
- Flexibility and ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Ability to travel onsite to schools located throughout the Chicago Metropolitan area
- An interest in helping to create the future of education by supporting real-world research and analysis!
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403b plan, group life insurance and generous PTO.
Start Date: Position currently available.
Application: Phone inquiries are not accepted. Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply. Please include position name in the subject line of your email.